Stock Voiceover Terms of Service (“Agreement”)
This stuff is pretty important so we recommend you read it thoroughly and don’t skip any parts as it may effect you later on.
Please read these Terms of Service
Before using http://www.stockvoiceover.com (“the Site”) operated by Stock Voiceovers, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Site at http://www.stockvoiceover.com .
By accessing or using the public or private portions of the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. Capitalized terms are defined in this Agreement.
These Terms of Service limit Stock Voiceover’s liability and may substantively affect your rights. If you are accessing or using the Website on behalf of your employer or another person or entity, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind such employer or other person or entity. If you do not have such authority or you do not agree with these Terms of Service, do not access or use the Website.
The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Stock Voicover and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability. In such event, you agree to immediately (i) stop using the Website and all Previews and Content Information and (ii) delete all Previews, Content Information, other Materials and all copies thereof from all digital media and destroy all other copies, or, at Stock Voiceover’s request, return all such copies to Stock Voiceover, and (iii) pay all amounts owed to Stock Voiceover. If we terminate or limit your access to or use of the Website for breach of any agreement or terms or reasonable cause, Stock Voiceover will not be obligated to refund any fees paid by you.
Links To Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by Stock Voiceover.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Massachusetts, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Changes To This Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Service by posting the updated terms on the Site. You are responsible for periodically reviewing all guidelines, policies, restrictions and agreements posted on the Website. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
Content and Other Materials
Stock Voiceover and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Affiliates” and together with Stock Voiceover, “we”, “us” and possessives thereof) offer an online marketplace where people may submit and upload at the Website a variety of works, including voice, music, sound effects, media project files and/or other audio, whether generated electronically, digitally or by any other means or in any media or other material (any and all of such works that are uploaded to the Website or otherwise submitted to us, individually and collectively, “Content”) so the same may be downloaded by and licensed to users, members, registrants and licensees of the Website.
No Content may be uploaded to the Website or otherwise submitted to us unless the person or entity doing so (a “Contributor”) first agrees the Stock Voiceover Contributor Agreement, as the same may be changed by us from time to time (the “Contributor Agreement”), and any and all Content uploaded to the Website or otherwise submitted to us is contributed to us on the terms and subject to the conditions of the Contributor Agreement.
Except as provided below under Evaluation Usage, no Content may be downloaded or otherwise copied from the Website, unless the person or entity doing so first agrees to the Stock Voiceover Content License Agreement, as the same may be changed by us from time to time (the “License Agreement”), and any and all Content downloaded or copied from the Website is subject to and only may be downloaded and used on the terms and subject to the conditions and restrictions of the License Agreement.
All Content, Previews and other works, content and materials (including the organization and presentation of the foregoing) on the Website (the “Materials”) and copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein and thereto are the property of us and our licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. “StockVoiceover” and “Say it Once, Sell it a Million Times” and “www.StockVoiceover.com” are trademarks of Stock Voiceover. The visual appearance of the Website is protected trade dress of Stock Voiceover under 15 U.S.C. § 1125 et seq.
Unless you have entered into a separate written agreement with us, such as the License Agreement and as may be expressly permitted by said agreement, except as provided below under Evaluation Usage, any use of any of these Materials, including any modification, public display or performance, derivative use, exploitation or distribution, without our written permission is strictly prohibited. Copyright and other intellectual property notices or watermark on any Materials shall not be deleted or modified.
Provided and for so long as you comply with these Terms of Service, Stock Voiceover grants you a limited, non-transferable license (the “Evaluation License”) to (i) download watermarked, preview or thumbnail versions of any Content (“Preview(s)”) and the information regarding such Content that is displayed on the Website (“Content Information”), and (ii) use the Previews and Content Information solely for the purpose of evaluating whether you wish to purchase a license to the Content under the License Agreement. You may use Previews and Content Information solely for your internal evaluation and for no longer than sixty (60) days from the date of download, except for this limited, internal evaluation use, you may not copy, distribute, publish, display, sublicense, make available, or otherwise use in any way any Preview or Content Information, and you may not use any Preview in any work or materials distributed or displayed outside of your company. If you purchase a license to the Content under to License Agreement, the above limitations will not apply to the extent provided in the License Agreement.
Use of the Website
We operate the Website as a service provider of an online marketplace, providing storage of materials on our systems or networks at the direction of Stock Voiceover’s users.
You will access and use the Website and participate in the Website for lawful purposes only and only in accordance with these Terms of Service and the guidelines, policies, restrictions and agreements on the Website.
You will not on or through the Website do any of the following:
- conduct any fraudulent, criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
- upload any Content that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, harassing or menacing;
- send or upload any communication, Content that infringes, misappropriates or violates anyone else’s copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other legal right;
- conduct any activity which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam”;
- resell or make commercial use of the Website, any part thereof or, except as permitted by the License Agreement as related to Content downloaded thereunder, any Material;
- collect or use of any Content descriptions or information or prices, except (i) to view and evaluate for purchase of a license of the Content under the License Agreement or (ii) as permitted by the License Agreement as related to Content downloaded thereunder;
- download or copy any member, registrant or Content information for the benefit of another merchant or website except as necessary to utilize rights to downloaded Content pursuant to the License Agreement;
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools on or at the Website or use any other automated means to access the Website;
- frame or use framing techniques to enclose the Website or any part thereof or any Content or any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of Stock Voiceover or the Website without our express written consent;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any of our names or trademarks without our express written consent;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other infrastructure or use the Website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or access to or use of it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- advertise products or services or solicit any user of the Website, whether or not such advertising or solicitation is in the form of unrequested bulk commercial email; or
- exploit for any commercial purpose without our express written consent the Website, any part thereof except as necessary to utilize rights to downloaded Content pursuant to the License Agreement.
You agree that: (a) you will not share the user ID or password that you obtained or use in connection with your access to or use of the Website, an upload to the Website or a purchase of a license to Content from the Website (collectively “User Codes”) with any other person, (b) you will take all necessary actions to preserve the confidentiality of such User Codes, (c) you are responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under any User Code; and (d) you will immediately notify us in writing in the event that you learn that: (i) any such User Code is lost, stolen, or improperly disclosed to a third party; (ii) the authority or employment of any person provided with a User Code on your behalf has been or is about to be terminated; (iii) the confidentiality of any User Code has been compromised in any way; or (iv) you learn about a possible or actual unauthorized access to and/or use of the Website.
Privacy and Your Personal Data
By inputting any personal information on the Website or otherwise providing any personal information to us, you are consenting to your personal information being shared with and processed in the course of our business by (a) us and our Subsidiaries, which are located in various different countries, including the U.S., which provide varying and in some cases less privacy protection than your country, and (b) in some cases the Content User in case of questions about clearances or claims of infringement.
If you believe that your privacy rights (or the privacy rights of a minor of whom you are the parent or legal guardian) are violated by any Content or other Material on the Website, email us at legal@StockVoiceover.com notice with the following information:
- a description of the material that you claim violates your (or if acting for a minor, the minor’s) privacy rights or where it is located on the Website, with enough detail that we may find it on the Website;
- a description of how the material violates your (or if acting for a minor, the minor’s) privacy rights;
- your (and if acting for a minor, the minor’s) name, along with your address, telephone number and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized and violates your (or if acting for a minor, the minor’s) privacy and a representation that the information in the notice is true and correct.
We may provide services in connection with the Website, including email notifications, Content downloading and information publication. We will try to ensure that such services are available, operate correctly and are free from malicious code (e.g., computer viruses). You agree to release and hold harmless Stock Voiceover for any damages arising out of your use of the Website, including the unavailability, failure or improper operation of services provided in connection with the Website.
You may incur fees for using certain services (“Fee-Based Services”) provided by us. The fees for Fee-Based Services will be conspicuously posted, and you will not be allowed to access any Fee-Based Service without first approving the fees for such service. You agree to pay us all fees charged by us for Fee-Based Services you elect to access.
The Website and Materials Provided “As Is”.
THE WEBSITE, OUR SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR TITLE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, OUR SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, OUR SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS IS WITH YOU. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU HAVE SPECIFIC RIGHTS UNDER THIS WARRANTY, BUT YOU MAY HAVE OTHERS, WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Limitation of Liability
WE AND OUR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS AND AGENTS (including us, collectively, the “Stock Voiceover Parties”) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, DIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES OR PROCEEDING ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR OR ANY OF YOUR REPRESENTATIVES’ USE OF THE WEBSITE, OUR SERVICES OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES, WHETHER THE ACTION IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHERWISE. THE FEES FOR OUR SERVICES REFLECT AND ARE SET IN RELIANCE UPON THIS ALLOCATION OF RISK AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE THE TOTAL MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE STOCK VOICEOVER PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, OR THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS, SHALL BE LIMITED TO AN AGGREGATE OF ONE ($1) US DOLLAR OR THE AMOUNT SET FORTH IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, IF APPLICABLE AND GREATER, EVEN IF WE OR ANOTHER STOCK VOICEOVER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold each of the Stock Voiceover Parties harmless against all claims or liability asserted against any of us arising out of or in connection with any breach by you or anyone acting on your behalf of any of these Terms of Service.
Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement or Other Rights Violated.
Stock Voiceover respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify us of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
We will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to legal@StockVoiceover.com (Subject line: “Stock Voiceover DMCA Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail at:
Stock Voiceover, LLC
481 River Rd.
Marstons Mills, MA 02648
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of the material that you claim is infringing or where it is located on the Website, with enough detail that we may find it on the Website;
- your address, telephone number and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Please keep in mind that if you knowingly make a false claim in a DMCA takedown notice, you could be subject to liability for damages, court costs and attorneys’ fees under Federal law.
Consent to Electronic Communications.
By inputting any information on the Website, you are consenting to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
- No waiver of any default under these Terms of Service will apply to any subsequent default, whether of a similar nature or not, nor will any such waiver be construed as a waiver of any other provision of these Terms of Service.
- If any provision, or portion thereof, of these Terms of Service, or its application to any person or circumstance, shall be invalid, illegal or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of these Terms of Service , such provision and their application shall not be affected thereby, but shall be interpreted without such unenforceable provision or portion thereof so as to give effect, insofar as is possible, to the original intent of the parties, and shall otherwise be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.